Te Aro Physiotherapy & Pilates endeavour to provide services to those in need while maintaining client and staff health and safety to the best extent possible. The Clinic is open at Alert Levels 1 & 2.
We are still providing physiotherapy services using Telehealth if you would prefer a video consultation. Through Telehealth services via computer or phone, we have many ways of providing ongoing support to all clients. These services includes on -line access to all your exercises and educational contents relevant to your needs.
If you have any Covid symptoms - cold, cough, fever, shortness of breath or other flu-like symptoms, please do not come to the Clinic. We are happy to reschedule your appointment.
Please expect to spend a few minutes to answer our online COVID-19 screening questionnaire and Consent Form. This will be emailed to you the day prior to your appointment.
If you have any questions, please email or phone the Clinic.
The health and wellbeing of patients and staff at Te Aro Physiotherapy & Pilates is of the utmost importance. As COVID-19 continues to escalate around the World, we are letting you know that we are doing everything we can to maintain a safe and healthy environment here at the Clinic. Here is what we are doing in regards to Health & Safety:
- - Providing hand sanitiser
- - Following our Health & Safety policy and guidelines for hygiene which includes frequent handwashing.
- - Regular wipe down of all equipment, door handles, eftpos terminals, treatment & waiting room areas.
- - Daily changing of linen in treatment rooms.
- - Continually acting upon advice and guidelines from The Ministry of Health, The Government and Physiotherapy New Zealand.
If you have any cold or flu symptoms, PLEASE DO NOT come to the Clinic. We are happy to reschedule your appointment.
What you can do to decrease transmission
Try to minimise bringing family members with you unless you need a support person AND importantly please do not bring any of your children in with you if they are sick.
Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).
Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food with sick people.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
Stay home if you feel unwell.
For up to date information provided by the Ministry of Health, please visit: https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
Call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 if you have any symptoms, have been to any countries of concern or have been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach the Clinic.
The Team At Te Aro Physiotherapy & Pilates
Te Aro Physiotherapy & Pilates is based in Wellington
At Te Aro Physiotherapy & Pilates we love what we do and we strive for excellence in all aspects of our care.
Our goal is to get you back on your feet and back to work, the sports field, the dance floor or just back to pain-free living.
Are we the right place for you?
- We are experienced in treating musculoskeletal injuries and can help you right from day one of your injury until you are fully active again. We can help with chronic conditions and offer advice and exercise prescription to enhance your well-being.
- If you experience pain or stiffness in any part of your body, our physiotherapists are trained to assess and diagnose your problem. We help you understand the issues involved, what you can do to help yourself, and provide the necessary hands-on treatment to help you recover and return to the things you love doing.
- We can help with spinal problems, sport specific rehabilitation and we are unique in providing dance specific advice and treatment.
- Experienced physiotherapists using proven assessment and diagnostic frame works.
- A tailored treatment approach to ensure a fast recovery and return to the activities you love.
- The full spectrum of musculoskeletal care, a "one-stop-shop" for your injury or chronic condition. We come to your work place, sports venue or dance class, treat you in the clinic and refer you to other specialists, whatever is needed to get you where you want to be.
- Excellence in action: we are one of the first clinics in Wellington to achieve accreditation-striving for a very high standard of service delivery. All therapists hold postgraduate qualifications.
Our Mission & Values Statement
"To act with personal and professional integrity in accordance with standards set by the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand, while providing a compassionate, humanistic and holistic physiotherapy service, to all who walk through our doors.
To employ an evidence-informed, bio-psycho-social approach that is tailored to each individual’s goals and needs, and is responsive to changes in the patient and their condition, as well as to current physiotherapy research and best clinical practice.
To educate and empower patients throughout their rehabilitation journey, facilitating the return of their confidence, independence and function, helping them achieve their goals, and therefore the best possible outcomes for each individual".